There are two differences between bolts and screws:
1. Bolts generally need to be used in conjunction with nuts. Screws can be directly screwed on the matrix of internal threads;
2. Bolts need to be screwed and locked with strong distance, and the locking force of screws is small.
You can also look at the groove and thread on the head.
On the head there are grooves can be determined as large screws and drill tail wire, such as: a word groove, cross groove, inner hexagon, etc., except for the outer hexagon;
Screws with head external thread that need to be installed by welding, riveting and other installation methods belong to screws;
Screw thread belongs to tapping teeth, wooden teeth, triangular locking teeth belong to screws;
The other external threads belong to bolts.
Operation difference between screws and bolts
1. A fastener consisting of two parts, the head and the screw (cylinder with external thread), which shall be matched with the nut for fastening and connecting two parts with through holes. This type of connection is called bolt connection. If the nut is unscrewed from the bolt, the two parts can be separated, so the bolt connection belongs to detachable connection.
2. The machine screw is mainly used for the fastening connection between a part with a hole in the internal thread and a part with a hole in the through. The large drill thread does not require nut matching (this type of connection is called screw connection and is also a detachable connection; It can also be fitted with a nut for fastening between two parts with through holes. The setting screw is mainly used to fix the relative position between two parts.
3. Self-tapping screws: similar to machine screws, but the thread on the screw is that of the special self-tapping screws. It is used for fastening and connecting two thin metal members to make them into a whole. Holes should be made in the members beforehand. Because of the high hardness of the screws, they can be directly screwed into the holes of the members to form corresponding internal threads in the holes of the members.
4. Wood screws: also similar to machine screws, but the thread on the screw is that of a special wood screw, which can be screwed directly into the wood member (or part) for fastening a metal (or non-metal) part with a through hole to a wood member. This type of connection is also removable.
Post time: Jun-28-2020